WORKSHOP ON OPEN SOURCE SYSTEMS FOR SMALL & MEDIUM ENTERPRISES
Milima Technologies Uganda is a leading firm in the ICT sector offering services in Network, Software and Web technologies. Milima Technologies Uganda equally prides in holding Capacity building events to equip ICT practitioners and new entrants into the ICT sector with reliable and necessary knowledge to transform their sectors. The Capacity building events are aimed at providing indepth knowledge and awareness of emerging technologies supported by power practical sessions to help participants sail through the knowledge space.
This November, Milima Technologies brings to you a one day intensive training on Open Source Solutions for Small and Medium Enterprises (SME).
The training will tackle core solutions in the ICT, Administration and Finance.
About This Course
Linux powers 94% of the world’s supercomputers, most of the servers powering the Internet, the
majority of financial trades worldwide and a billion Android devices. In short, Linux is everywhere. It
appears in many different architectures, from mainframes to server to desktop to mobile and on a
staggeringly wide variety of hardware.
Despite a lot of criticism, Linux and open source systems continue to trickle down into Government,
Education, non profit organizations and Business.
This course explores the various open source business tools and techniques commonly used by SMEs
to achieve their day-to-day work increasing scalability, productivity, and reducing cost of productivity.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
• A good working knowledge of SME business Processes.
• Understand how Linux can contribute to Business growth.
• Understand ways how Open Source software tools can be integrated in SMEs to increase
productivity, Knowledge Management and Saving Costs.
• Look at Industry tested open source software tools for various SME business Process sections.
• Have a deeper insight of practical application of a Smart, Agile & Visual collaboration tool MeisterTask.
Small and Medium Sized Enterprises(SMEs)
• Basic understanding of SMEs and its various core business processes.
• Commonly used productivity Software tools and their impact on Business.
• Definition of Open source
Information Communications Technology
The Role of ICT as major bloodline for SMEs
Key ICT sections and respective Successful Industry tested Open source software tools.
• Enterprise Cyber Security -Firewall
• Inventory/ Procurement
• Communication channels
• Bandwidth Management and Monitoring
• IT Help-desk and Support
• Client/Server Operating Systems
• Office Productivity Suites
Administration and Management
Key Administration and Management sections and respective Successful Industry tested Open source
• Collaboration tools (Case study Practical Session using one selected tool)
• Human Resource
Key Finance sections and respective Successful Industry tested Open source software tools.
• Finance ERP modules